Affiliate Marketing Software
How to Choose the Right Affiliate Marketing Software
There are several different tools available in the market, so to select the best one, follow these tips: Focus on conversions, commissions and earnings To make sure your offers are engaging users and bringing revenue, you need clear conversion metrics. Keeping an eye on conversion rates and earning per clicks on a regular basis is very important, so making sure the program allows you to do so must be a priority.
While some provide conversion rates and/or earnings per click on a daily/weekly basis, others will show earnings over a period of time, which can be misleading and not very useful to know when your offers are not working and they need to be tweaked or shut down.
Opt for software that specializes in your niche
If you provide products or services in one specific niche, choosing an affiliate marketing tool that specializes in that niche can be ideal. The software will include most of the features sites in your niche value and need to carry out successful marketing campaigns.
Additionally, the software will already have specific advertisers looking for leads and sales in that area and you can get more optimized offers.
Pay special attention to support
Being able to rely on an affiliate marketing manager to provide useful insights into the tool and help you achieve higher revenue is key. You can have a better understanding of the tool and analytics, while also having another set of eyes looking at areas of improvement.
Technical support is also essential for any tool. Whether you are experiencing technical issues, trouble with payments or want to optimize the performance of the program, having the right support can speed things up and improve user experience, something that will ultimately make or break your e-commerce business.
Take advantage of free trials
Any new tool can be confusing, even uncomfortable at first. To identify the best tool for your specific needs, you may have to try more than one. Generally, pricing is steep when it comes to affiliate marketing programs (between $70 and $300 per month), so it’s best to take advantage of free trials to identify the features you like, how user-friendly is the interface, how helpful support actually is, etc.
Consider the different features each tool offers
Features can really make a difference when it comes to affiliate marketing software. Identifying which features can make your job and your employee’s tasks easier are key to improving performance and improving your numbers.
Features to look out for in an affiliate marketing program:
- It is easy to set up. Try to look for tools that provide clear, easy-to-follow instructions, with no need for HTML knowledge.
- It can be easily integrated with your other tools (to collect data, send emails, notifications, etc.)
- It provides different programs, so you can set up one or campaigns for each product or service you offer and analyze data individually.
- It is compatible with mobile devices. Mobile devices are quickly becoming a user favorite when it comes to e-commerce.
- It has different ways to promote products/services and engage users (banner ads, flash banners, lightboxes, page peels)
- It helps improve your Google ranking (SEO). Through hash tag URLs, for example, you can track every user individually while also improving search engine ranking.