Cell Phone Plans
Words like “coverage” and “reliability” get thrown around a lot in the cell phone world.All telecom providers with cell phones claim to be the best for Seniors when it comes to offering the most/best calls, text messages, and data. This can make finding the best cell phone plan for seniors a bit more difficult. Fortunately, you can review the information below to find out which plan might benefit you the most.
For seniors, cell phone carrier plans often offer more features for a discounted prices or fewer fees. For example, T-Mobile offers three 55+ plans that offer unlimited talk, text, and data, which lets you avoid the usual separate fees for data and minutes. You'll need to communicate with your specific carrier to provide proof of age and enroll in a senior cell phone plan, but the benefits of doing so can be great.
Cell phones have evolved dramatically as their use has increased. Electronics companies are in tight competition to produce profitable, trend-setting phones, which leads to countless cell phone plan comparisons done by users like yourself before making a purchase. Find out more about carriers and the types of plans they offer below.
What You Get With Modern Cell Phone Carrier Deals
If you are shopping for a smartphone today, you're going to get a lot of features standard, regardless of the specific phone you end up with. Most modern smartphones feature a highly responsive touch-screen, Wi-Fi connectivity, HD cameras and data streaming.
Smartphones allow users to perform tasks previously reserved for a desktop or laptop, such as edit documents, use social media, handle email, and create spreadsheets.
What is more likely to vary is cellular coverage. This isn't something that can be easily controlled by cell phone makers or telecom providers. Urban areas are typically going to provide better coverage and mobile experiences than rural areas.
Find the Best Cell Phone Carrier for Your NeedsIf you are looking for the very best cell phone plan, it will be based on your specific situation. In the U.S. there are four big nationwide cellphone service providers that make up the majority of cell phone plans used in the country. These include AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
Take a look at the different unlimited plans they offer and their special features below:
T-Mobile Cell Phone Plans
T-Mobile offers great cell phone plan discounts that are for seniors above that lets users use unlimited talk, data and text. In general T-mobile covers these plans
- T-Mobile Essentials: This plan includes unlimited talk, text, and data, as well as texting while abroad, customer support, standard streaming, and a hotspot of 3GB. It costs $60 per month for 1 line.
- T-Mobile Magenta: This plan includes unlimited talk, text, and data, as well as access to Netflix and Quibi, access to mobile services while abroad, customer support, standard streaming, and a hotspot of 3GB. It costs $70 per month for 1 line.
- T-Mobile Magenta Plus: This plan includes unlimited talk, text, and data, as well as access to Netflix and Quibi, faster texting and data compared to its other plans, HD streaming, and a hotspot of 20GB. It costs $85 per month for 1 line.
- Sprint offers an ideal plan for seniors with monthly rates starting as low as $35/mo
- Sprint Unlimited Basic: This plan gives unlimited talk and text as well as standard streaming, a 500MB LTE hotspot, and access to Hulu. It costs $60 per month for one line.
- Sprint Unlimited Plus: This plan gives unlimited talk and text as well as HD (1080) streaming, a 50GB LTE hotspot, and access to Hulu and Tidal. It costs $70 per month for one line.
- Sprint Unlimited Premium: This plan gives unlimited talk and text as well as full HD streaming, a 100GB LTE hotspot, and access to Hulu, Amazon Prime, Lookout, and Tidal. It costs $80 per month for one line.
AT&T Cell Phone Plans
- AT&T Unlimited Starter: This plan gives unlimited talk, text and data with standard streaming and device security features like alerts. It costs $65 per line per month and is one of the best AT&T deals.
- AT&T Unlimited Extra: This plan provides the same benefits as the Starter plan but with 50GB of premium data. It also provides access to 5G connection and a 15GB hotspot per phone line. It costs $75 per line per month.
- AT&T Unlimited Elite: This plan provides the same benefits as the Starter plan but with 100GB of premium data, access to 5G connection, a 30GB hotspot per phone line, HD streaming, and access to HBO. It costs $85 per line per month.
- Verizon Start Unlimited: This plan covers all the essentials, including unlimited talk text, and data. It costs $70 per month for 1 line.
- Verizon Play More Unlimited: This plan offers excellent music and video streaming services, including HD and premium data access. It costs $80 per month for 1 line.
- Verizon Do More Unlimited: This plan is for those seeking to be productive on their cell phones. It comes with premium data deals when you connect devices. It costs $80 per month for 1 line.
- Verizon Get More Unlimited: This plan is the best offered by Verizon, as it combines performance with entertainment features. It costs $90 per month for 1 line.
Additionally, most of the top carriers require you to sign a contract. If you are looking for no contract cell phones, options like Straight Talk Wireless are available. However, they may not provide as many cellular plan features as the carriers above.