Best Broadband Internet in India
Establish Some GuidelinesThe first step toward making a decision on a high speed internet company is to establish the guidelines based on what you need. Once you have these guidelines, it will be easy to compare the different internet service providers and their plans based on what you need.
Some good questions to ask, which will help you set up your guidelines, include:
- What will I be using the internet for?
- How much speed do I want/need?
- How much am I willing/able to pay for broadband internet?
- Do I want the internet alone or am I interested in internet bundles?
- Do I need limited or unlimited internet plans?
Broadband Internet Plan PricingThe best broadband plans are the ones that work for you based on your price range. But you should note that plan prices vary based on speed and provider.
For example, you may be able to purchase a plan that lets you pay less than 1,000 Rupees per month. However, your speed could be as low as 4 megabits per second (Mbps). Meanwhile, you could pay 1999 Rupees per month for a speed of 100 Mbps.
To make sure that you get the right plan for you, establish your budget first, and then compare the features of multiple similarly priced plans.
High Speed Internet Companies in IndiaIf you are looking for the best ISP in India, there are plenty of companies to consider. These include but are not limited to:
- Vodafone. This company provides MiFi devices and 3G or 4G broadband plans as well as dongles. You can buy both prepaid or postpaid plans through the company. As an example, a 4G dongle can get you up to 150 Mbps on LTE and is completely plug and play.
- Jiofibre. This company is still relatively new. Its goal is to transform the way that entertainment is experienced in India, with a focus on television and internet entertainment. While some rural parts of the country may not be able to access it, the company offers high speeds at competitive prices.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL). This company offers good internet speed and will be able to help many home users in rural parts of the country who cannot get access to other company services.
A Note on Unlimited Internet PlansIt's important to note that no plan is ever completely "unlimited." Though this term is often used with or by broadband internet companies, there are often limits on these plans as well.
Be sure to review the fine print of a plan before making the purchase, as the "unlimited" term may be in reference to a specific time frame, for example. It is important to know all the specific details going into a plan in order to avoid surprise costs in the future.